Through a rich and varied experience in and beyond the classroom, the Lower School nurtures children’s intellectual, social, emotional, and physical growth. The goal of education is that all students fully develop their capacity for learning, oral and written expression, scientific and artistic pursuit, critical thinking, thoughtful analysis, true scholarship and compassion. We prepare them with all the practical skills needed for further developing these qualities beyond their time at Clarksville Academy.
Why Clarksville Academy Lower School?
- Excellent academic standards; strong test scores
- Rigorous curriculum
- Solid educational foundation for students in these formative years
- Certified teachers
- Weekly communication through newsletters, emails, and PowerSchool
- Positive learning environment
- Hands-on approach, problem based learning, and critical thinking skills
- Students guided through a nurturing environment
- Small class sizes with individual attention
- Innovative curriculum – 1:1 iPad Mini
- Maynard Makerspace for critical thinking and hands on learning
- Character education and leadership building programs
- Diverse population
- Art, music, foreign language, math and science labs, and daily physical education
- Before and aftercare available
- Trusted by parents for over 50 years
First and Second Grade
Skills in reading, writing, and mathematics are the solid foundation for future academic achievement. Students are guided to become independent learners through differentiated lessons, technology integration, and hands-on activities. Platooning begins as early as second grade at Clarksville Academy. These classes have departmentalized instruction switching from science to social studies. This approach helps to bridge the students into our third and fourth grade program.
Third and Fourth Grade
Students continue to rotate instructional time.