Through a rich and varied experience in and beyond the classroom, the Lower School nurtures children’s intellectual, social, emotional, and physical growth. The goal of education is that all students fully develop their capacity for learning, oral and written expression, scientific and artistic pursuit, critical thinking, thoughtful analysis, true scholarship and compassion. We prepare them with all the practical skills needed for further developing these qualities beyond their time at Clarksville Academy.
Why Clarksville Academy Lower School?
- Excellent academic standards; strong test scores
- Rigorous curriculum
- Solid educational foundation for students in these formative years
- Certified teachers
- Weekly communication through newsletters, emails, and PowerSchool
- Positive learning environment
- Hands-on approach, problem based learning, and critical thinking skills
- Students guided through a nurturing environment
- Small class sizes with individual attention
- Innovative curriculum – 1:1 iPad Mini
- Character education and leadership building programs
- Diverse population
- Art, music, foreign language, math and science labs, and daily physical education
- Before and aftercare available
- Trusted by parents for over 45 years
Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten
Students explore and learn in safe and enjoyable environments. Lessons are provided for children to have hands-on experiences as they meet early childhood areas of learning: cognitive, emotional, aesthetic, social, and physical. Programs are designed to assist students in developing at their own individual pace to reach their fullest potential. Students are immersed in enriching hands-on reading, language arts, and mathematical activities that offer a solid foundation for success.
First and Second Grade
Skills in reading, writing, and mathematics are the solid foundation for future academic achievement. Students are guided to become independent learners through differentiated lessons, technology integration, and hands-on activities.
Platooning begins as early as third grade at Clarksville Academy. These classes have departmentalized instruction since 2014 switching from math and science to reading and social studies. This approach helps to bridge the students into our fourth and fifth grade FUSE program.
Fourth and Fifth Grade
F.U.S.E. begins during fourth grade and continues into fifth grade for our students. Detailed information on this program and its curriculum can be found here.