Our January CBL day found each Essential Question Group actively working on their team Challenges.
1. Mrs. Bell and Mrs. Kirby’s group combined forces with Mrs. Hollis and Mr. Barber’s Essential Question group uniting efforts to assist both the Homeless and the Hungry Population of Clarksville. They were off campus painting bowls for the Empty Bowls Luncheon. CA students painted and donated 34 bowls to this worthy cause.
2. Coach Bauer and Mrs. Walker’s group continue their work on locating a site for more exercise equipment as they seek to increase support of Clarksville’s Parks.
3. Mrs. Moore and Mrs. Peay’s group visited the Humane Society as they work in reducing Clarksville’s Pet Overpopulation…Be on the lookout for their “Puppy Love” event… coming soon.
4. Mr. Christmas and Mrs. Pitt’s group continue to refine and work on their challenges. Friday’s CBL day found one team (Team Relief) off campus to increase support of the “F.U.E.L.” program, Team Invincible collects hygiene items for the bags, and Team Greater Youth design a brochure for publication.
5. Mrs. McGrath and Coach Bragg’s group continues to generate “Support of our Military Troops”. Team Army Strong met with members of the “Yellow Ribbon Project” as they continue to finalize plans for their Solution. Team BDB will have the donations they have been collecting they will be delivered to the Ashland City destination next week as part of their solution. Team Soldiers Angels will continue collecting for Fischer House. Team EEA is creating videos to send to troops.
6. Two Essential Question Groups are now in the “Construction” portion of their Solution. Coaches Burkhart/Holt’s group Team Hard Hats and Ms. Manning/Mr. Boyd’s Solar group are both well on their way in the construction phase of their groups’ Solutions.
7. Coaches Hood and Watson’s group spent a portion of their day emailing both the Mayor’s office and members of the Chamber of Commerce as they explore more ideas to “Assist Senior Adults” in our community. They are compiling data by way of a survey on the needs of Senior Adults.
8. Mr. Neizke and Mrs. Carmona’s group continues to IMPACT Clarksville both culturally and artistically. The group received a generous donation for “Making Art available to those who don’t have access to it”. It was both Exciting and Inspiring. The teams will continue to progress on their Solutions.
What began in August as 4 Big Ideas, has worked its way to 10 Essential Questions. Those Questions led us to Guiding Resources and Guiding Activities off campus. We established Challenges, and now Solutions are within each Essential Question group’s grasp. Facilitators and Students should be very proud. Together we CAN..IMPACT Clarksville.
Deployed Troops’ Supply Drive
Please help our deployed troops live in comfort by donating any of the following items. Points are assigned to each item. The points will be tallied at the end of the drive and the winning lower school class will receive an ice cream party. But better yet, our deployed troops will receive a care package that will let them know how much we care here at CA!
|Cards and letters||1 point for every 5 cards/letters||powder drink mix||3-8|
|Tuna/ chicken salad in foil packs or ready to eat kits||2||protein powder||3-8|
|Beef jerky||small- 2 medium-5 large- 8||protein bars||1-6|
|shaving cream in tubes NO CANS||small-2 large/ regular- 4||lip balm / chap stick||1/2-2|
|packaged sun flower and pumpkin seeds||3||board games||12|
ALL FOOD ITEMS MUST BE PACKAGED
NO PRESSURIZED CANISTERS
NO HOTEL OR AIRLNE SAMPLES
Last Chance to order your Yearbooks!!
Please return the yearbook order form by January 30th or order online with the link below. Time is running out!! No late orders will be accepted.
Need a gift for Valentine’s Day? Send a unique “Inspired Inflations” balloon creation! See Kaki in the Cougar Store for more details. All orders must be placed by February 7th.
During the month of February, Clarksville Academy offers Welcome Wednesdays. Every Wednesday during the month, we will host campus tours, student shadowing days and a more inside look at Clarksville Academy. If you know of a family who should be invited to Welcome Wednesday please email their information to Sally Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
January 30- Last day to order yearbooks
February 13 – WSMV’s Snowbird visits CA Pre-K-2
February 14-17 No School – Winter Break
March 7 – Winter Parent-Teacher conferences – No School for Lower School only
March 24 – 28- Spring Break
Box Tops & Campbell’s Labels
This is a reminder that CA collects Campbell’s labels and Box Tops through our CAA. The money raised from this project funds various school improvement projects. Last year we raised over $2000 through the Box Tops program alone! Please turn yours into your child’s teacher or Ms. Turnage in the front office.
We encourage you to download our mobile app from the App Store. We are currently only available on Apple products. This app will provide wonderful updates about what is going on at our school.