Easy Stop Motion Animation
Kindergarten -5th Grade students had the opportunity to participate in a special iLearn Day to create their own Stop Motion Animation! Stop motion animation is a film making technique that makes inanimate objects appear to move on their own. Using the “Lego Movie Maker” app was really easy and intuitive for our Cougars!
There are several benefits to Stop Motion Animation:
- It is a simple, hands-on technology that young children can achieve
- Encourages children to project and plan out where a story is heading
- Fosters iteration and experimentation through trying and testing
- Supports storytelling
- Students are able to take ownership in the film making process
- It teaches the children how stop motion animation works
- The creative constraint of the medium encourages problem solving
Our students really enjoyed creating their own videos! This is a great app to use at home to review a story or to help spark your child’s imagination!