Clarksville Academy is continually developing policies, procedures and protocol for our school community to follow during times of natural disaster or wide spread illness. Although these things often hit quickly and with little to no notice, we want to be mindful of their effect on our community.
Ongoing List of Postponed or Cancelled Activities:
**CA is doing everything possible to continue with long standing traditions such as Steak Dinner, Prom and Graduation. Updates to these events will be posted here as the need arises.
- Talent Show-All Schools-March 17-Postponed
- Grandparent’s Day—LS March 19 & 20-Postponed
- District Key Club Convention–US March 20-22- Cancelled
- Steak Dinner–Postponed–April 25
- APSU Math Contest–April 9–Cancelled
- 4th Grade PE Unit at APSU—Cancelled
- InnovaTN Games at APSU–April 18–Cancelled
- APSU Dual Enrollment A&P Lab—Anticipated remote learning
- Prospective Family Tours & Shadow Days—Postponed (after Spring Break)
FAQs Regarding COVID-19
March 25, 2020
As many of you know, Governor Bill Lee called for all schools in Tennessee to remain closed until April 24. Our leadership team discussed his request, and we are going to follow Governor Lee’s guidance. This means our CA at Home model has been extended until Friday, April 24 with plans to be back on campus Monday, April 27. At this time, this also means all off and on campus activities will remain suspended until 12:01 am CST on Monday, April 27.
We realize you may have a lot of questions, especially about events, sports, and senior activities. CA’s Administrative Team is looking at all of these activities and deciding on a case-by-case basis about alternate plans.
We miss you all. To our CA Class of 2020, our hearts hurt especially with you. You mean so much to our community, and we will celebrate you fully as soon as it is safe to do so.
Head of School
- Social and Emotional Learning during COVID-19 and Beyond
- COVID-19 Tips
- Where I find comfort…Jennifer Hinote