Clarksville Academy is continually developing policies, procedures and protocol for our school community to follow during times of natural disaster or wide spread illness. Although these things often hit quickly and with little to no notice, we want to be mindful of their effect on our community.
April 15, 2020
Dear CA Family,
Today our hearts were saddened to hear Governor Lee encourage school closures through the remainder of this year. While we understand the necessity of such an act, we are sad we will not be together for our final weeks.
With this announcement, many questions will likely arise. While we may not have the answer to every question immediately, our goal is to provide our families with timely answers soon. While keeping students as our top priority, we are planning and putting procedures in place that will answer questions such as
- How will I pick up my child’s belongings that were left at school?
- How do I return my child’s technology equipment?
- Will I still get a yearbook?
- What will be done about year-end events like prom, graduation, awards ceremonies, and year-end celebrations?
Clarksville Academy At Home will continue through the end of the school year. Teachers will continue to communicate with both parents and students and will update you on our timeline for learning.
Clarksville Academy Cougars are strong and resilient and together we can get through anything. As always, we thank you for sharing your child with us.
Click here to view a note from our School Counselors.
Ongoing List of Postponed or Cancelled Activities:
**CA is doing everything possible to continue with long standing traditions such as Steak Dinner, Prom and Graduation. Updates to these events will be posted here as the need arises.
- Steak Dinner–Cancelled
- InnovaTN Games at APSU–April 18–Cancelled
- Prom–New Date–May 16
- Spring Athletics–Postponed
- APSU Dual Enrollment A&P Lab—Anticipated remote learning
- Prospective Family Tours & Shadow Days—Postponed
FAQs Regarding COVID-19
- Social and Emotional Learning during COVID-19 and Beyond
- COVID-19 Tips
- Where I find comfort…Jennifer Hinote